This quick and easy appetizer comes in handy when you find yourself in a time crunch. Natalie Lodes from Plantation, Florida says her "honey" likes this recipe so much that he can almost eat the entire thing by himself.
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prebaked thin Italian bread shell crust (10 ounces)
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (lox), cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Spread with cream cheese. Sprinkle with salmon, tomato, onion, capers, parsley and pepper. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Tomato Pizza in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p17