Smoked Salmon Tomato Cups
Field editor Vicki Raatz of Waterloo, Wisconsin shares this easy appetizer that pairs fresh cherry tomatoes with smoked salmon. Get your deck party or other summer gathering off to a delicious start with these colorful little bites.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stuff into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 9 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Vegetable Snacks in Taste of Home June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.