Field editor Vicki Raatz of Waterloo, Wisconsin shares this easy appetizer that pairs fresh cherry tomatoes with smoked salmon. Get your deck party or other summer gathering off to a delicious start with these colorful little bites.
Recommended: 25 Potluck Appetizers to Feed a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stuff into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Tomato Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p49
Reviews forSmoked Salmon Tomato Cups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2014
"Very good, nice light appetizer."