Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
This is one of several kinds of finger sandwiches my wife, Michelle, and I served for an English tea. We planned this fun theme party to celebrate the Queen's birthday in April. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 9 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (4 ounces) smoked salmon or lox
- Dill sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over each slice of bread; cut each into four triangles. Top with salmon. Garnish with dill sprigs.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 120 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon with Herbed Mayonnaise in Taste of Home April/May 2008
Nov 19, 2010
I catered a wedding shower with the theme of Garden tea party, this recipe was a huge hit. I get asked to make it at every get together I have with my lady friends.