Smoked Salmon Roulades
Elegant, scrumptious and easy to make are the type of appetizers that should be added to anyone's recipe file. You're sure to impress your guests with these colorful bites.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, chives, lemon zest and garlic until blended.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture over a salmon slice. Arrange a small amount of carrot, cucumber and pepper across the short side of the salmon, about 1 in. from the edge. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining salmon, cream cheese mixture and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 43 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Roulades in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.