Smoked Salmon Rolls
Even though I've been making these rich roll-ups for more than 30 years, they're always the first appetizers to disappear at parties. The recipe comes from my grandmother.—Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in cream cheese and butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll each portion into a 9-in. circle. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm. Sprinkle salmon and onion to within 1/2 in. of edges. Cut each circle into 16 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 84 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Smoked Salmon Rolls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010