Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
From her kitchen in Chiniak, Alaska, Becky Applebee serves golden tortilla wedges filled with a rich combination of smoked salmon, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, garlic and dill. They're a snap to whip up for the salmon lovers in your family.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place three tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or large skillet. spread with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with salmon and cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 829 calories, 50g fat (28g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1176mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Quesadillas in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.