From her kitchen in Chiniak, Alaska, Becky Applebee serves golden tortilla wedges filled with a rich combination of smoked salmon, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, garlic and dill. They're a snap to whip up for the salmon lovers in your family.
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place three tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or large skillet. spread with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with salmon and cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Quesadillas in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p63
Reviews forSmoked Salmon Quesadillas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2011
"Very tasty! Too rich for a whole meal, I think I would prefer it as an appetizer."