- 36 baby red potatoes (1-1/2-inch wide, about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes; immediately drop in ice water. Drain; pat dry.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato to allow them to lie flat. Using a melon baller, remove a small portion from the top of each potato.
- For filling, place all remaining ingredients except dill sprigs in a food processor; process until smooth. To serve, pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons filling into each potato. Top with dill sprigs. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forSmoked Salmon New Potatoes
"Skip the potatoes! They added nothing to the recipe, but the filling was delicious! It is much better as a spread with crackers."