Smoked Salmon Dip
Salmon is practically a way of life here in the Pacific Northwest. My husband can make a meal of this dip. It's great for holiday parties.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 8 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, flaked and bones removed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 drops Liquid Smoke, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Place olives and onions in a blender or food processor; cover and process for about 15 seconds. Add salmon, mayonnaise and Liquid Smoke if desired; process until dip reaches desired consistency. Chill. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 86 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Dip in Country Extra January 1997