Smoked Salmon & Dill Deviled Eggs
Take this perennial party food and give it an upscale twist with smoked salmon. Your guests will be delighted with the results.—Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Stuff into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 57 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon and Dill Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.