- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 packages (three 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Combine the bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; sprinkle into pan, coating bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the cream, pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the onion mixture, salmon and Swiss cheese.
- Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil around bottom of prepared pan. Pour salmon mixture into pan. Place in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1-1/2 in. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove foil and sides of pan. Serve with crackers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Salmon Cheesecake
"I have taken this to many Christmas parties through out the years and it has always been a hit!! Many people have asked me for the recipe, but everyone knows I'm the one that brings it to the annual parties. I serve it up with cherry tomatoes and green olives and a variation of crackers and breads, I've also stuffed celery with it."
"This recipe is a Holiday tradition. I have been making it since it was published in the D/J issue in 2003. It is perfect for any gathering Holiday, or not. The best part is it makes so much there are always leftovers to share and some to bring home YUMM!!"
"This is an awesome recipe and make a wonderful appetizer or bring to like work function."