Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwiches
A memorable pesto salmon I tried in Hawaii inspired these super convenient sandwiches. Pack them in a lunch or serve them on a brunch buffet.—Sherryl Vera, Hurlburt Field, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Spread pesto over bagel bottoms; sprinkle with pepper. Layer with salmon, tomato and lettuce leaves. Replace bagel tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 295 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 1551mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Bagel with Smoked Salmon and Pesto Sandwich in Country Woman August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.