Smoked Salmon and Chives Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until tender; set aside to cool.
- Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the chives, cheeses, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper sauce and reserved onion mixture. Fold in salmon. Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 196 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 26, 2014
I made this awhile ago and so delicious. I made two today for a church function tomorrow. it first seems like a lot of fiddle but Well worth the work. Just lovely and keeps for a few days well. Enjoy. Janet
Aug 2, 2013
I know this is an old recipe but I came across it while looking for smoke salmon recipes and it is to die for. I took the advice of the one reviewer's comments and did individual sizes and gave them for gifts. What I would like to know is can this recipe be frozen.
Oct 10, 2009
Made this Smoked Salmon Cheesecake for a neighborhood party with crackers and served with olives. Total hit-fantastic and easy to make. My neighbor asked for the recipe and I would definetly make it again. Not fishy tasting at all-great flavor. A tip is that I used small spring form pans that are for individual sized cheesecakes (Legourmet chef) and made several small ones. Try it, you'll love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.