Smoked Pork Chops & Pierogies Dinner
My husband often lobbies for smoked pork chops with pierogies. Balsamic vinegar gives it a sweet and sour touch, which works for ham steak, too. —Barbara Peabody, Green Valley, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 smoked boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen pierogies (flavor of your choice)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, bring 7 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add butter to same pan. Add frozen pierogies; cook 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and heated through, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve pork chops with pierogies and green beans; drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 437 calories, 10g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1491mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chops with Pierogies and Green Beans in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.