Smoked Pork Chops & Pierogi Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 smoked boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen pierogi (flavor of your choice)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, bring 7 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add butter to same pan. Add frozen pierogi; cook 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and heated through, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve pork chops with pierogi and green beans; drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 437 calories, 10g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1491mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 8, 2020
We really liked the flavor combination of this recipe, but the smoked chops were extremely salty! Next time we're going to use regular thin chops and a bit of liquid smoke.
Oct 14, 2018
This is a delicious recipe. I used smoked thicker sliced Canadian bacon because the boneless chops were not available at our market. I used fresh farmer's cheese pierogi from a local Polish market, and I used some homemade balsamic glaze that I had in the fridge. The glaze really made the meat and pierogi pop with flavor. I will definitely put this recipe on my keeper list.
Oct 10, 2018
I made this dish today! I couldn't find smoked pork chops, so I used 2 tsp. of Sweet and Smokey seasoning rub. I had frozen green beans, so I used those. The amounts of butter and olive oil I'd increased and the pierogies I used were 13-oz.. This dish was very tasty.
Oct 6, 2018
I prepared this dinner tonight and it went together quickly. We had never eaten pierogies so this was a new treat for us Texans. Smoked pork chops is a favorite as are green beans so the overall dinner was delicious. I highly recommend this recipe. Volunteer Field Editor