I found this recipe about 15 years ago and the taste of the smoke pork chops with the apples and potatoes is amazing!—Patricia Sue Kopecky, Lake Arrowhead, California
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 smoked pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in apple and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chop Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p236
Reviews forSmoked Pork Chop Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2016
"This makes a restaurant quality meal- easy to prepare in advance and a wonderful comfort food! I have made this many times."
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2012
"I've made this twice already and always turns out tasty."