Smoked Pork Chop Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 smoked pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in apple and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 608 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 2269mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 53g protein.
Jan 18, 2016
This makes a restaurant quality meal- easy to prepare in advance and a wonderful comfort food! I have made this many times.
Apr 11, 2012
I've made this twice already and always turns out tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.