Smoked Pork Chop Casserole
I found this recipe about 15 years ago and the taste of the smoke pork chops with the apples and potatoes is amazing!—Patricia Sue Kopecky, Lake Arrowhead, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 smoked pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in apple and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 608 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 2269mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 53g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chops on a Potato Apple Bed in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Jan 18, 2016
This makes a restaurant quality meal- easy to prepare in advance and a wonderful comfort food! I have made this many times.
Apr 11, 2012
I've made this twice already and always turns out tasty.