Smoked Mozzarella Mushroom Pizza
Top a refrigerated crust with portobello mushrooms, smoked mozzarella and prosciutto for a hearty starter. Made in a 15x10x1-in. pan, the pizza could even be cut into larger pieces and served as an entree.—Edwina Gadsby, Hayden Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sliced prosciutto or deli ham, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and rosemary; cook about 1-2 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated.
- Unroll and press dough onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Using fingertips, press several dimples into dough. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with onion, mushroom mixture and prosciutto. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Originally published as Mushroom & Smoked Mozzarella Flatbread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014