We enjoy these sandwiches as a change from plain hamburgers or hot dogs. - June Burkert, Evans City, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage links
- 8 hot dog or hoagie buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into eight portions and shape each portion around a sausage link.
- Grill or broil until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, turning frequently. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 447 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 929mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Linkburgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book