- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the kielbasa, onion and bacon until onion is tender; drain. Add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, horseradish, water, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Kielbasa with Rice
"This was SOOOO easy to make and delicious too! My husband raved about it. I used Polish sausage, and actually baked it instead. Then sauteed the onion and bacon in a little canola oil. I threw the sausage in when I added the sauce. For the sauce, I used hickory smoked BBQ sauce instead of honey and I think it actually made it taste better. It balance out the sweetness of the brown sugar really well. I also omitted the red pepper flakes (I can't eat anything spicy). Served it over rice with a side of steamed broccoli. Delicious!!!"
"I made this for my husband and I this week and it was absolutely amazing!!! I served it over white rice and had a side of asparagus. I fried my bacon first and set it aside, then fried the onions and sausage (I used turkey sausage. You couldn't tell the difference) in the bacon drippings until they were caramelized. I then added the sauce and seasonings and reduced it down as directed. Once it was reduced I crumbled up the bacon and added it just before serving (so it would still be crunchy). It was very easy and I had most of the ingredients in my fridge or pantry. I'm probably going to make it next week too!"
"Followed the recipe here step by step, didn't omit or add anything, and it was rather tasty ! We will try other variations I the future, but at first try I give it five stats."
"Very good flavor, just the right amount of "kick"."
"My kids love this! We don't really care for the horseradish though. It is still very good without it!"
"Delicious!!! I didn't really think the bacon would add a whole lot to the dish (since kielbasa is so full of flavor), so I left it out. I may add it the next time I make it..."
"Very good. I omitted the brown sugar; thought the sauce didn't need it."
"The entire family loved this one!"