- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Unroll dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Alfredo sauce and thyme. Spread over crust. Top with spinach, sausage and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 10 pieces.
Reviews forSmoked Gouda Spinach Pizza
"Very delicious! Great flavor! Love the Italian chicken sausages on there! Better than some of the gourmet pizza that we have had out. The only modification I did was to make my own pizza crust. One of the reviewers mentioned a bitter taste. I used Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce and did not have any problems, but I agree with her in that some of the store bought alfredo sauces do have strange after tastes."
"I'm a little conflicted on how to rate this. I could barely eat this because of the bitter aftertaste, however, it could have been due to the Alfredo sauce that I chose. I used Emeril'S 4 Cheese Alfredo."
"I made this recipe today for supper and was given a thumbs up. They weren't sure what to think when I served it, but were pleasantly surprised by the nice blend of flavors."
"DELICIOUS! A nice change from the usual tomato based pizza. Definitely a keeper."
"I made this pizza & the smoked gouda did not melt. It got crunchy & resembled shredded plastic. I followed directions exactly. Got my cheese at grocery specialty cheese shop. Melted chesse in above picture is yellow in color, smoked gouda is white? Did I get wrong cheese or was another cheese used above? Colby, Colby/Jack or perhaps Cheddar/Jack."
"I used my own homemade crust, otherwise followed the recipe. Everyone gave it a thumb's up and there wasn't a crumb left for us either."
"I would use fresh basil instead of spinach."