Smoked Gouda & Raspberry Salads
An exceptional homemade raspberry vinaigrette tops this colorful salad. You'll have bursts of flavor and texture from the smoked Gouda, raspberries and crunchy nuts.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, shaved
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Divide salad greens among eight salad plates; top with cheese, nuts, shallots and remaining raspberries. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 122 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Bitter Baby Greens with Raspberries, Smoked Gouda & Toasted Brazil Nuts with Raspberry Champagne in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011