An exceptional homemade raspberry vinaigrette tops this colorful salad. You'll have bursts of flavor and texture from the smoked Gouda, raspberries and crunchy nuts.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, shaved
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Divide salad greens among eight salad plates; top with cheese, nuts, shallots and remaining raspberries. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Gouda & Raspberry Salads in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p42