Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce
Grilling out? A sweet-but-spicy sauce is the secret to these moist pork chops from Betty Kleberger in Florissant, Missouri. With a light touch of heat, they’ll turn up the flavor on a summer night. Serve the chops with a fruity salad and a pitcher of iced tea or smoothies.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 cup mild jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cherries, jelly and coriander if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chops with Jalapeno-Cherry Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.