Small-Batch Dipped Vanillas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each crescent into chocolate; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 70 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.