Smackin’ Good Snack Mix
- 6 cups original Bugles
- 5 cups nacho cheese-flavored Bugles
- 4 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature colored fish-shaped crackers
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Crispix
- 2 cups lightly salted cashews
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 2 envelopes (1 ounce each) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Combine oil and dressing mix; pour over cracker mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
3/4 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 15, 2017This was a quick and easy snack to put out at Thanksgiving for everyone to eat during the football game. Even the kids loved it! Definitely saving this recipe.
Sep 19, 2014
Took it to a tailgate party and it was a keeper. Really good!
Dec 31, 1969
This is awesome! After the first batch I switched plans and made bags of this for Christmas presents. Everyone loved it. I couldn't find butter flavored oil so I used 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup canola oil, heated them in the microwave until the butter melted, then proceeded. For the last batch I couldn't find cheese Bugles so I used nacho tortilla chips. It worked fine. This is a great recipe Lucile! Thanks for sharing it.
Feb 5, 2012
Making this again today for super bowl snack. Best ever!
Sep 14, 2011
made it this past weekend for tailgating. everyone loved it. it is hard to stop eating once you start. This will be replacing chex mix from now on !
Nov 30, 2010
This is such a great recipe! It's a must addition to any occasion. If you make it once and you'll be making it again.
Mar 7, 2010
I have made this recipe soooo many times and constantly get asked for the recipe. I have a hard time keeping my hands off of it and always make a point of having the ingredients on hand to make!
Dec 31, 1969
I have never EVER participated in the comments section of any online recipe before, but I must tell you, this is the BEST snack recipe, hands-down. Each time I serve it, I am begged for the recipe - don't let the seemingly unusual combination of ingredients keep you from trying this; it's just as easy to make as the Chex mix, but SO SO SO much better!!!
Dec 31, 1969
I didn't have butter-flavored popcorn oil, so I used olive oil and it worked great!