Slumber Party Pancakes
These fun chocolate pancakes disappear fast when the kids have friends over for a slumber party. —Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup or ice cream topping
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cocoa and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients until almost smooth. Stir in marshmallows and pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Top with ice cream and syrup. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 187 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Slumber Party Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1997