Slow-Cooking Spaghetti Sauce
This sauce gets a convenient head start from prepared spaghetti sauce. I simply add a few everyday ingredients of my own. Most folks think it's homemade.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and cayenne over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2- or 2-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper. Pour spaghetti sauce on top. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 hours longer. Serve over spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 241 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce in Country Pork