Slow Cooker Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (3 pounds each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place turkey breasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup water and soup mix. Pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a large saucepan. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Bring cranberry mixture to a boil; gradually stir in cornstarch mixture until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with cranberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 248 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 45g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Nov 2, 2011
Yikes! This Cranberry Sauce was awful. The onion soup mix was terribly overpowering. Yikes, again!
Apr 3, 2011
We've made this recipe several times and it is excellent! The tukey comes out incredibly tender and the cranberry sauce is divine! We love to have this year round.