- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 container (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut three 25x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on bottom and up sides of a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Stir in Italian seasoning and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and pesto. In prepared slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: marinara sauce, noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit), turkey mixture and cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low until noodles are tender, 3-4 hours. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving. Using foil strips, remove lasagna to a platter. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Turkey Pesto Lasagna
"Love the picture and recipe. However, I do not have a round slow cooker for this recipe, so I am going to try this in my 9 inch spring form pan, and will use some extra noodles for around the edges and bake it in my oven. Will get back to you and let you know how it turned out. Thanks for the recipe."
"I made this for our work meeting for lunch time. The designated amount of time on low is perfect for 4 hours. I even used a slower cooker plastic bag which really made for easy clean up. I did substitute out the turkey for 93/7 lean ground beef. I love adding the pesto since I made so much with our basil plant this year (pesto freezes so well) I also used part skim ricotta and part skim mozzarella."