This quick-prep recipe lets you feast on turkey at any time of year. We save the rich broth for gravy, noodles and soup making. —Joyce Hough, Annapolis, Maryland
Recommended: 70 Fabulous Fall Dinners for Your Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix first five ingredients in a small bowl. Place vegetables in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker; top with turkey. Rub turkey with seasoning mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads at least 170°, 5-6 hours Remove from slow cooker; let stand, covered, 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, strain cooking juices into a small saucepan. Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016