- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix first five ingredients in a small bowl. Place vegetables in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker; top with turkey. Rub turkey with seasoning mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads at least 170°, 5-6 hours. Remove from slow cooker; let stand, covered, 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, strain cooking juices into a small saucepan. Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy
"After 4.5 hours in the slow cooker the 6.5# turkey breast was still raw. I did cook the bird on low and after 3.5 hours and no cooking progress, raised the cooker up to high for the hour . The bottom of the breast, the part sitting on top of the vegetables, was close to being done, but approximately 90% of the breast was raw. Fortunately I was able to transfer (very messy) the turkey and veggies into an oven bag and finish it in the oven. The turkey was very moist, tender and had wonderful flavor; I just can't rate this recipe any higher because of having to finish the bird in the oven. I will use the recipe ingredients & directions, minus the slow cooker, again as it had great flavor."