Slow-Cooker Tequila Poached Pears
It's an unusual dessert to make with tequila, but it is deliciously refreshing with fresh pears and mint. Bring out this creative sweet when you want to impress dinner guests. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook:4 hours
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) pear nectar
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 whole Anjou pears, peeled
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place pears in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; add liquid. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 4-5 hours. Remove cinnamon stick and discard. Pour 3 cups cooking liquid in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Halve pears lengthwise and core them. Serve with sauce, whipped cream and mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 pear with 2 tablespoons sauce: 155 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Tequila Poached Pears in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.