Slow-Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, mix the first 10 ingredients. Stir in pork, onion, green pepper and pineapple. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice.
To make ahead: In a large resealable plastic freezer bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork, onion, green pepper and pineapple; seal bag, turn to coat, then freeze. To use, place filled freezer bag in refrigerator 48 hours or until contents are completely thawed. Cook as directed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without rice): 531 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 20, 2019
This was yummy! Put in green
Jan 21, 2018
Enjoyed this crock pot recipe when making meals for some family on a Sunday for after church. Easy prep in the morning, and the sauce was very tasty. the only thing I may do different next time is add some sliced water chestnuts for some nice crunch.
Nov 10, 2017
I love crock pot meals for the ease of dinner. The pork was so tender. Overall, a pleasing dish. I had doubled it because we had 7 people at dinner, but a batch and a half would have been sufficient as no one really went for full-on seconds.
Mar 16, 2017
I made this for the first time for dinner last night. I followed recipe except I used a RED bell pepper since it's what I had on hand, The pork was done in under 4 hours. The onion and bell peppers pieces still had a little crunch, which we liked. My husband said this recipe was restaurant quality! We both enjoyed it very much!
Mar 8, 2017
Too sweet for me.
Feb 8, 2017
Family liked this meal. Will make it again.
Apr 12, 2016
While my kitchen was being refitted I was desperate to cook a tasty meal in my slow cooker. This fitted the bill perfectly and everyone loved it. I used fresh ginger and may try without all the white sugar next time . Really recommend and so simple to prepare.
Mar 6, 2016
Really good...will make it again.
Jan 11, 2016
Eiyse, should have been 5 stars. Thanks again.
Dec 7, 2015
Made it yesterday .. served with brown rice...excellent......definitely make it again.