- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) roasted garlic Parmesan pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- Additional shredded Italian cheese blend and sliced fresh basil, optional
- Mix first eight ingredients (mixture will be stiff). In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, mix one jar pasta sauce with water. Fill shells with ricotta mixture; layer in slow cooker. Top with remaining jar of pasta sauce.
- Cook, covered, on low until pasta is tender, 4-5 hours. If desired, serve with additional cheese and fresh basil. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Stuffed Shells
"I love this recipe. It has always come out very good! It is wonderful in the summer because I do not have to heat up the kitchen at all to make it..,I leave out the spinach because my husband won't touch any thing with spinach....it still tastes wonderful. The uncooked shells are pretty easy to stuff too, especially if you let the ricotta come to room temperature, but I have stuffed them with it right from the frig too.. There are usually 2 or 3 shells that are rolled too tightly to stuff so I break them in half and lay them on the top before pouring on the final jar of sauce. Sometimes I set the slow cooker on high for the first hour, then turn it to low. Also sometimes, I sprinkle a little browned hamburger or sausage over the shells before pouring on the last jar of pasta sauce for a little different flavor.This is a simple easy tasty meal that always pleases my family. One more thing... don't lift the lid during cooking time unless absolutely necessary."