I tweaked a recipe I got from one of my best friends, and I couldn't believe how much it really does taste like stuffed green peppers! With beef and brown rice, it makes a hearty meal on a cold day. — Gina Baxter, Plainfield, IL
Recommended: Stuffed Peppers Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 12 servings (4.5 quarts).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Reviews forSlow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review