- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 12 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forSlow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
"My husband picked this recipe from our Simple and Delicious magazine and I am so glad he did! Made it just as written. Wonderful flavor, and have made this many times. Thank you for sharing this recipe."