- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Transfer pork and drippings to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, broth, chilies, chili powder, garlic, salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until pork is tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Spicy Pork Chili
"This was a great recipe! My family enjoyed it and it was tasty. The only thing I would suggest is adding another can of beans, but that may just be preference."
"I used leftover pork loin (thinly sliced) and the recipe was still fantastic!"
"I would also like to add, though, that they have the wrong picture shown...this is a 'red' chili, not 'green'."
"EASILY doubles, and also very adaptable. Since I had to double it (used a 4lb roast), I used a total of 3 cans of beans: 1 ea black, pinto, & great northern. When it came to the cans of tomato, I used the ones that already had green chilies mixed in. Didn't have any cayenne pepper POWDER, so I used cayenne pepper SAUCE. The onions were still just a lil too hard, so I think next time I'm going to saute them a bit before adding them, so they're softer, and not so noticable by the kids! LOL As far as the cilantro, a small bunch was perfect for my 'doubled' recipe. It was so incredibly good, we didn't even use the cheese!! This recipe is DEFINITELY going into my "favorites" cookbook!"
"I added sour cream to serve, tones down the spice a notch for all those not too fond of really spicy foods, my husband is one of those!"