Slow Cooker Salmon Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- Cut three 20x3-in. strips of heavy duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add salmon and mix well. Gently shape mixture into a round loaf. Place in the center of the strips.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Using foil strips as handles, remove the loaf to a platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1035mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Mar 4, 2018
I have not tried this yet, but am curious to know if anyone kept in the bones, for the calcium they provide. If so, would the recipe need to be modified in any way for the addition of the salmon bones?
Apr 27, 2011
My husband and I LOVE salmon in any form but we do not LOVE this recipe. Because it was so dry, I quickly made a cheesy lemony sauce to dress it up but it was still ho-hum.
Apr 5, 2011
Great weeknight recipe! I added some diced onions and mushrooms, and a dash of pepper. Nice change of pace.
Feb 1, 2010
I used the stove top stuffing mix and cooked it 5 hours.
Jan 12, 2010
A simple, simply delightful meal with no effort! The left overs are great (if there are any) I put them in the food processor for a quick spin, halved a nice green pepper, gave it a minute or two in the micro and stuffed the pepper. Warmed it up in the micro for dinner a few hours later. With a nice glass of white wine and a salid it was delicious! Who could ask for any thing more? Thank you!
May 4, 2009
very good and simple, for added flavour, after three hours i put a can of cream of celery soup over top and cook 1 more hour.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.