Slow Cooker Praline Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low for 3 hours. Combine brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 1-2 hours longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 556 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 25, 2015
I made this for a Thanksgiving dish to pass at work. I came home with an empty slow cooker. Our company president said he hadn't had a sweet potato in 20 years because the last one was so bad, he loved this! I used 7 cups of potatoes because I wanted to fill a 3 quart slow cooker and it was very sweet, I'm thinking with just 3 cups of potatoes less sugar might be better. Also I cooked this using the high setting, I was worried about the eggs being thoroughly cooked.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.