Slow-Cooker Praline Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low for 3 hours. Combine brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 1-2 hours longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 556 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2015
I made this for a Thanksgiving dish to pass at work. I came home with an empty slow cooker. Our company president said he hadn't had a sweet potato in 20 years because the last one was so bad, he loved this! I used 7 cups of potatoes because I wanted to fill a 3 quart slow cooker and it was very sweet, I'm thinking with just 3 cups of potatoes less sugar might be better. Also I cooked this using the high setting, I was worried about the eggs being thoroughly cooked.