- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, water, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, basil, cayenne and reserved peach juice; pour over pork. Top with peaches. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Pork Chop
"Don't know what I did wrong but the pork chops didn't have any flavor to them. Peaches were good though."
"My husband and I enjoyed this meal. I made a few changes for simplicity and the larger size of my family (4) but otherwise kept the flavors intact. I added some chicken broth, a larger can of peaches, and did not brown the chops prior to adding them to the slow cooker. The flavors were really good and I loved the warm peaches with the pork. This one will go on the list to do again!"
"I really wanted to like this, but I didn't. I used 1.5-inch thick boneless pork loin chops and cooked it for 6.5 hours for the added thickness. I might have over cooked it; it's hard to tell with crockpot meats: if they've had too much or not enough time. The meat was rather tough, but the muscle tissue separated easily; could have been a factor of the leanness of the meat. We decided that we do not care for the combination of peaches and rosemary. The tomato didn't add anything either. I served it over egg noodle and it didn't soak up any sauce, of which there was a lot; rice or mashed potatoes would definitely be a better option for a startch."
"This was quite delicious. Boneless or bone in pork chops work, excellent with rice or egg noodle."
"I used a small pork roast instead of chops.Was out of tomato sauce and used salsa one time and tomato juice the next.I always substitute with whatever I have on hand and I enjoy being creative anyway.Instead of the individual spices I've also used spice blends.Most recipes on TOH site are adaptable and come out delish!"
"I used boneless chops also and served it with white rice. My husband and I thought it was tender and flavorful. Great way to make chops in a slow cooker!"
"The only difference I did was use boneless pork chops. It was great."