- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil. Meanwhile, place the sweet potato, onion and apple slices in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over apple. Top with pork chops and sauerkraut.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Pork Chop Supper
"I followed the recipe precisely and cooked the full four hours. The sweet potatoes did not get done and the pork chops were close to overdone. Won't be making this again."
"This meal did not have good flavor. No one in my family cared for this meal."