I created this dip for my daughter's pizza themed birthday party. It was an instant hit and I've continued to bring this along to other gatherings. Everyone loves it! —Stephanie Gates, Waterloo, Iowa
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot garlic bread
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except garlic bread.
Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours. Serve with garlic bread.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled dip in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 20 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pizza Dip in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018