- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain pasta; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beef mixture, cheese, pizza sauce, soup and pepperoni. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Pizza Casserole
"5 stars for ease of preparation, but only 3 on taste for my family. While it was good, it was too mild for our taste. If I make it again, I will use spicy Italian sausage for more flavor. Also, I only added 2 cups cheese to casserole & did not add cooked pasta until the end of cooking since I didn't want mushy pasta. I have a casserole crockpot so I can separate the pot from the heating element & I did put cheese on top of the casserole, put it under broiler & let it get bubbly for a pretty presentation."
"Family loved it"
"It was good if your not watching your carbs."
"I used mini pepperonis and Italian sausage and undercooked the pasta. I also added some Italian spices and doubled the mushroom soup. I mixed everything together the day before and kept it in the frig overnight. The next morning I warmed it in the crock pot for a few hours as indicated in the recipe (stirring occasionally). I received compliments and for how easy it was to assemble ahead of time, I'd call this recipe a success!"
"Love it! easy and tasty!"
"Delicious! Definitely a keeper!- Theresa"
"So delicious and easy to make! I see myself making this for my family over and over again!"
"I added spices like other people suggested, plus I substituted the hamburger meat with Italian sausage. I took it to a church potluck and people raved about it."
"So, so good. I used cream of onion soup. I don't like mushroom. It was really very good. I'll make this again."
"I thought this recipe had a wonderful flavor and mix of textures. With the 'foodie craze', some people feel they have to empty the spice rack . Then some go on to rate what is really their own recipe."