Slow-Cooker Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Pineapple and pecans make a pretty topping for this no-fuss side dish. It's light, tasty and not too sweet. Making it in the slow cooker leaves extra space in the oven when preparing a holiday turkey and other dishes. —Bette Filcher, Lexington, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pineapple and pecans.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-5 hours.