Pineapple and pecans make a pretty topping for this no-fuss fall side dish. "It's light, tasty and not too sweet," notes Bette Fulcher of Lexington, Texas. "Making it in the slow cooker leaves extra space in the oven when preparing a holiday turkey and other dishes," she adds.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes to Make This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pineapple and pecans.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-5 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Sweet Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p35