This stuffing recipe is perfect for entertaining. The richness of Jones breakfast sausage is enhanced by fresh pears and dried cranberries. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: 25 Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 (12 oz) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 10-12 cups dry bread cubes*
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 pears, cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- *To dry out bread:
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes at 400?F. Bread should be crispy and dry.
- In large skillet, brown sausage until cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Drain excess grease and set sausage aside.
- Wipe out pan and add butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, saute 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add sausage back to pan, reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes with sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, diced pears and cranberries.
- Add sausage mixture and stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs and chicken broth together and pour over bread mixture. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours, until mixture is moist and spongey. Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pear and Sausage Stuffing in Jones Sausage 2016
Reviews forSlow Cooker Pear and Sausage Stuffing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review