Slow Cooker Parsnip and Apple Soup
Here's a light, lovely soup ideal for a first course at your next special dinner. You'll love the harmony of fall flavors. —Shelly Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 minutes Cook: 3 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 2 cups chopped parsnips
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh cracked pepper, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, until parsnips are tender, 3 hours. If desired, top with additional minced rosemary and cracked pepper.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 61 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Parsnip & Apple Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.