Slow-Cooker Mixed Fruit & Pistachio Cake
This cake is easy to make on a lazy day and a guaranteed-delicious dessert for several days, if you can make it last that long. It's wonderful for the fall and even the holidays. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit bits
- 1 cup pistachios
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Whisk together first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the next seven ingredients. Add cranberry mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Add dried fruit and pistachios.
- Pour batter into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Lay a 14x12-in. piece of parchment paper over top of slow cooker under the lid. Cook, covered, on high until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 2-1/2 hours. Remove dish from slow cooker to a wire rack. Cool 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Cut into wedges with a serrated knife; if desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 375 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Mixed Dried Fruit & Pistachio Cake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.