- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) marinara sauce
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Sliced pepperoncini, optional
- Place meatballs and sauce in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours until meatballs are heated through.
- On each bun bottom, layer cheese, meatballs and, if desired, pepperoncini; replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
"@suzannahnoelle - Great comment! You said it all. Loved it. I personally have not made this recipe yet but I plan to and I also plan to use the suggested meatballs. I'm retired and have all the time in the world but love shortcuts when it comes to cooking. Not all the time but every now and then and this is a time saver."
"Excellent party food!"
"This should have fed my family for a week, but my husband couldn't resist dipping into the slow cooker to sneak a meatball a few (or 10 times). It was such a hit I made another batch the next week."
"My gosh, pood49, what a sour person you are! This recipe is for people who work and don't get to sit around at home all day. This recipe is for those who are short on time and have many other preparations to make. This recipe is for those who simply enjoy using their crock pots! Also, there's a world of difference in taste between Marinara and spaghetti sauce. MANY Americans know the difference! Geez, don't be such a crab box! Great recipe, Stacie Nicholls; thank you for posting it."
"I can't imagine why you would want to do already cooked meatballs and sauce in a slow cooker. This recipe is for people who don't know how to cook or are lazy. Why don't you call Marinara sauce what it really is, which is Spaghetti Sauce, this is America."
"Very good recipe, done it before and it should be a winner with college students too. :)"