- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon softened butter, divided
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup butter, salad dressing mix and parsley; stir in potatoes. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Top with remaining butter. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
"Loved this recipe! I doubled it to serve 16 (5lb potatoes, 8oz cream cheese, 8oz sour cream) and made in advance, adding milk half way through the cooking time. Rave reviews from everyone!"
"I've been making these for almost 10 years now. Always a hit. Sometimes i substitute greek yogurt for the sour cream."
"I made these potatoes both for Christmas Eve and again with my family Christmas day. The first batch I made was only okay. I followed the recipe exactly and the potatoes were really thick. I then decided to add more flavor and cream cheese, sour cream and butter. The flavor was really good, BUT the potatoes were really thick. I would not make them again."
"Great Recipe! I doubled the butter and used mayo instead of the cream cheese (I didn't have any and didn't realize it until the last minute). I will use the mayo again! (1/2 cup). These are awesome and got rave reviews from my entire family. I used a full 5 lb bag of potatoes. I also added pepper (salt in the ranch mix). Don't forget to stir in the slow cooker every 30-45 minutes."
"A real hit. So surprised that I can make this a day or two ahead, then just reheat in the crockpot. They still tasted like they were just made, soft and creamy."
"For the 6 cups of mashed potatoes, I just used a 5 lb. bag of yellow potatoes. I did add a couple of things. First, instead of block cream cheese, I used 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese. I also added 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 tsp. freeze-dried chives. Delicious! The best mashed potatoes I've ever made and they didn't get dried out at all in the slow cooker :-)"
"Can I make this up the night before and just reheat it on Thanksgiving?"